[ATTW-L] Interview about social justice-themed class by August 15?

Kramer-Simpson, Elisabeth Elisabeth.Kramer-Simpson at nmt.edu
Mon Jul 11 15:12:14 UTC 2022

Dear Technical Writing professors and instructors,

I am reaching out to others who have taught a social justice-themed
Technical and Professional Communication course or elective to
undergraduates within the last two years (Fall 2020-Spring 2022).  I am
interested to learn what activities and writing assignments helped move
your students from a self-focus to a more outward, community focus over the
course of the semester if at all.

I would like to interview you for 30 minutes over zoom, and I offer a token
$20 amazon gift card for your participation.  I would like to audiotape our
discussion.  I would also like to collect your syllabus and relevant
assignment sheets.  This study is IRB approved.

I plan to aggregate results from this data with my own pilot study of my
Social Justice course. I am interested in seeing how instructors in other
contexts communicate social justice information.  Please consider
participating, as this study will inform future efforts in raising social
justice consciousness amongst university undergraduates and in supporting
tactical advocacy for underrepresented or under-resourced groups.

 Please reply to Elisabeth.Kramer-Simpson at nmt.edu if you are willing to
participate.  I aim to conduct 10 interviews over the course of the next
month so please respond by August 15th, 2022.

Sincerely,

Beth Kramer-Simpson