[ATTW-L] Announcing a new book series that is now open for submissions

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:05:17 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I’m emailing to announce that we’re launching a new book series on Parlor
Press that might be of interest to some of you. The series is called “The
X-Series,” <https://parlorpress.com/pages/x-series> and we picked an
intentionally open-ended series name because we’re open to a wide range of
ideas from authors. I think a bunch of people on this listserv could be
great fits.

We’re also trying to do something a bit non-traditional with our new book
series. The series will publish shorter, peer-reviewed books (~35k words)
that are deep dives into a specific topic: it could be an oft-ignored
technology, a single word, a concept, a moment in history, or whatever else
you think of. I'm open to ideas. And most importantly, we want X-Series
books to be *fun*. We want books that bridge the gap between academic and
public writing and tell us something new about things we take for granted.

Anyways, we just launched and hope to get some inquiries from some of you.
Also, for a bit of background on Parlor Press…Parlor is a growing
independent academic publisher that had a book longlisted for a National
Book Award last year. The Press was created in 2002 and has published more
than 500 authors (~350 books total), including multiple high impact
academic books. If you want more info, I can send you a Parlor Press fact
sheet.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. I am truly open to a
wide range of ideas that fit the series, so if you have that shorter book
you’ve always wanted to write, maybe this is your chance. Finally, feel
free to share widely and send other people our way if they might be
interested.

Thanks so much,

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

Book review editor of the *Journal of Business & Technical Communication*

Editor-in-Chief, *Communication Design Quarterly*

Editor, *The X-Series <https://parlorpress.com/pages/x-series>*, Parlor
Press

My Google Scholar Profile
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=OtvmSE0AAAAJ&hl=en>