[ATTW-L] Special Issue of Rhetoric of Health and Medicine Journal on The Rhetoric of Chronicity is Here!

Rhetoric Healthmedicine rhmassistanteditor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:11:20 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to share that the latest issue of *Rhetoric of Health and
Medicine* journal is now available!

This special issue was curated by guest co-editors Lora Arduser and Jeffrey
Bennett, who view this issue as an “opportunity to create a robust and
cohesive body of scholarship on the rhetoric of chronicity.”

In issue 5.2, you will find:

·         “Patients as Researcher: Chronicity, Health Data, and Emergent
Attribution Practices,” a research article by Sarah Singer;

·         “‘I’ve Never Felt Right After Chemo’: The Chronicity of
Post-Chemotherapy,” a persuasion brief by Bryna Siegel Finer;

·         “Rhetorical Enactment Theory and a Rhetoric of Chronicity for
Alzheimer’s Disease,” a research article by Amanda Friz;

·         and “Selling a Cure for Chronicity: A Layered Narrative Analysis
of Direct-to-Consumer Humira® Advertisements,” a research article by
Kristen Cole.

The full issue can be found here:
https://journals.upress.ufl.edu/rhm/issue/view/295

We thank the authors for their tremendous contributions on this issue!

Best,

Brittany Smart

Assistant Editor, *RHM* Journal

Ph.D. Candidate, University of Louisville