[ATTW-L] Examples of TPC that bury the lede

Joanna Wolfe jowolfe at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 10 12:49:05 UTC 2022

Hello all:
I am looking for examples of technical/professional communication that bury
the lede or that fail to put the bottom line up front.  Edward Tufte's
analysis of the slide from the Columbia space shuttle is a good example and
I also have a memo from the Challenger space shuttle crisis, but I don't
want to give the impression that burying the lede is limited to space
shuttle disasters.  If you have any examples that you have collected and
wouldn't mind sharing, I would love to have them.  Amusing examples are
particularly welcome.

Thanks to all.
joanna

--