[ATTW-L] Special Issue of Open Words: Access and English Studies

Carly-Miles, Claire I c.carly-miles at tamu.edu
Wed Nov 2 23:36:49 UTC 2022

Dear ATTW Colleagues,

I am so pleased to announce the availability of a special issue of the online, open-access journal Open Words: Access and English Studies. The issue, entitled "Teaching Writing Now: Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice in the Writing Classroom," is available at the following link:

https://wac.colostate.edu/openwords/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wac.colostate.edu/openwords/__;!!KwNVnqRv!DXfwvXXcWpkzyq4Ih-vBNrE6X-r-rIzisS0UnDuLP8LSCOzh52vKSbkOVK7s2Rl5GoNUh9TokzOYczenTM9EsPz3edEi6JcJHoA$>

The pieces included in this issue began as presentations at Texas A&M University's Diversity Symposium in the spring of 2021.  We were thrilled to listen to and think about the work of scholars Asao B. Inoue, Vershawn Ashanti Young, Natasha N. Jones, Jennifer Sano-Franchini, Sue Hum, Laura Gonzales, Victor Del Hierro, Randall W. Monty, and Marlene Galva'n, as well as many of our own faculty members and graduate students, and we were equally thrilled when the opportunity arose, thanks to Open Words' wonderful editors Yndalecio Isaac Hinojosa, Kristina Guttierrez, and Sue Hum, to publish these proceedings so that we could share them with you. Thanks to my co-editors Matt McKinney and Lori Arnold for their hard work on this issue, and thanks to David McWhirter and Valerie Balester of the TAMU English Department for their tireless efforts in making the initial symposium happen less than a year after the beginning of the pandemic and for all of their kind mentoring and support.

We hope you enjoy reading this issue as much as we enjoyed working with these amazing scholars to put it into print.

All best,
Claire

Claire Carly-Miles, PhD
she|her (for more on why pronouns are important, see https://www.mypronouns.org/how)
Instructional Assistant Professor
English 203 Coordinator
Chair, Dept. Diversity Committee; Member, CAS Diversity Committee
Faculty Senator, CAS
Aggie Ally
Green Dot and Step In|Stand Up
English Department, TAMU 4227