[ATTW-L] Alternative to Handbook of Technical Writing?

Kaye Adkins kadkinsphd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:20:44 UTC 2022

My bookstore has just informed me that the Alred, et al Handbook of
Technical Writing is out of print. (How does a publisher let a basic
reference like that go out of print!?)

Can anyone suggest a good alternative? I was planning on using this as the
required book for my senior-level Technical Documentation course, and then
supplementing it with articles and my own material. I like the idea of
using a comprehensive resource that we could refer to for whatever topics
came up during the semester. The focus of the course is procedural writing,
with some policy writing as well.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kaye Adkins

--
Less may be more, but you can't do more with less.