[ATTW-L] Job: UMN Writing Studies Assistant or Associate Professor of Writing Instruction and Pedagogy

Molly Kessler kesslerm at umn.edu
Wed Sep 7 18:41:43 UTC 2022

Hi all!

I am happy to share that the University of Minnesota is hiring a
tenure-track position (assistant or associate) in writing instruction and
pedagogy. More details are below.

The Department of Writing Studies <https://cla.umn.edu/writing-studies> is
pleased to announce a tenure-track position in writing instruction and
pedagogy, beginning fall 2023.  We are seeking a full-time, nine-month,
tenure-track or tenured faculty position at the rank of assistant or
associate professor. The University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts
<https://cla.umn.edu/> has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and
inclusion, and we are interested in candidates who can support and expand
this commitment. We seek an outstanding candidate with an active research
agenda in writing pedagogy that engages key issues in the field such as
social justice, antiracist pedagogy, linguistic justice, queer rhetorics,
disability studies, and/or accessibility. The successful candidate will be
interested in leadership of our first-year writing program, able to
contribute across our programs in first-year writing, writing studies,
rhetoric, and technical communication, and excited to join a department
that is committed to being a national leader in writing pedagogy research.
The successful candidate will also have interest in teaching and advising
both undergraduate and graduate students, ranging from first-year students
to PhD students.

For more information, and to apply, visit our careers site
<https://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs>. To find the position, search for job
code 351161 or use the following search filters: Job Family (Academic),
Location (Twin Cities), Academic & Administrative Unit (Liberal Arts,
College of). Priority will be given to completed applications received by
October 3, 2022, but applications will be reviewed until the position is
filled. Questions can be directed to department administrator, Jennifer
Franko, at frank010 at umn.edu.

--
*Molly Margaret Kessler, PhD | *she/her/hers
Associate Professor & Interim Director of Graduate Studies