[ATTW-L] RSA Workshop: Global Rhetorics of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Design in TPC

Fraiberg, Steven sfraibe2 at msu.edu
Thu Sep 15 14:20:33 UTC 2022

RSA Workshop: Global Rhetorics of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Design in Technical and Professional Communication

We’re writing to invite you to apply for our workshop, Global Rhetorics of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Design in Technical and Professional Communication, at the 2023 RSA Summer Institute at Penn State University. The workshop will offer the opportunity for engaging in conversations and activities that locate local entrepreneurial practices and innovation ecosystems in the context of globalization. In so doing, we will incorporate critical approaches to entrepreneurial studies related to neoliberalism; the Global South; decolonization; and diversity, equity, and inclusion.

The workshop will specifically address issues related to theory, research, and design. Topics will focus on these questions:

  *   How do we situate entrepreneurial practices and innovation ecosystems in the context of globalization?

  *   How do we relate entrepreneurial practices to issues of mobility, identity, power, and communication?

  *   How can these frameworks inform theories, research methodologies, and innovation/design practices?

 The workshop will be held from May 25th to May 27th, 2023.

Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022

Please see the following links for more information:

RSA Institute:  https://sites.psu.edu/rsainstitute2023/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.psu.edu/rsainstitute2023/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lBt8lGuWbKwovyl-IEKtKBjHOyaBidvxh0wkwkD1-oZtk6lv4us-D93tQalAkgTlvBhd-2n1hc-q3Q$>

Workshop: https://sites.psu.edu/rsainstitute2023/rhetorics-of-entrepreneurship <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.psu.edu/rsainstitute2023/rhetorics-of-entrepreneurship__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lBt8lGuWbKwovyl-IEKtKBjHOyaBidvxh0wkwkD1-oZtk6lv4us-D93tQalAkgTlvBhd-2llC5pY5Q$>

Feel free to reach out to us with any questions.

Workshop Leaders

Huatong Sun, Associate Professor, University of Washington Tacoma, htsun at uw.edu

Steven Fraiberg, Associate Professor, Michigan State University, sfraibe2 at msu.edu