[ATTW-L] JOB: TT Assistant Professor at the University of Texas at Arlington

Amy Hodges amymhodges at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 17:32:06 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,
We are searching for a tenure-track assistant professor to join our dynamic
team in Technical Writing and Professional Design
<https://www.uta.edu/academics/schools-colleges/liberal-arts/departments/english/undergraduate/twpd>
 at the University of Texas at Arlington
<https://www.uta.edu/about/fast-facts>. This person will teach a 2/2 load
in the Department of English
<https://www.uta.edu/academics/schools-colleges/liberal-arts/departments/english/people/faculty-directory>,
mostly undergraduate courses in our technical writing minor and certificate
program and graduate courses in our MA and PhD programs.

The review of applications will begin November 4, and strong preference
will be given to applicants with experience teaching diverse student
populations <https://www.uta.edu/about/rankings>. The link to the full job
ad is here: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/19750

UTA is located in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metroplex, a vibrant and
diverse metropolitan area that is home to over 7 million people, one of the
fastest-growing tech economies in the U.S., and a wide variety of arts,
entertainment, and culture. Faculty in our department live all across the
metroplex, but here's some info about living in Arlington specifically and
the DFW region in general:

https://www.arlingtontx.gov/visitors/relocate/live_in_arlington_tx/living_in_arlington
https://www.dallaschamber.org/why-dallas/dfw-facts/

I am happy to talk further about my experience at UTA and the Department of
English, and I have posted some other relevant information on my personal
Twitter account: https://twitter.com/thehodges

Additional questions can be addressed to the search committee chair Dr.
Erin Murrah-Mandril at erin.murrahmandril at uta.edu.

All the best,
Amy
--