[ATTW-L] TT Position at the University of Alabama

Amber Buck amber.buck24 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 21:28:40 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking an assistant professor in CRES (Composition, Rhetoric, and
English Studies) at The University of Alabama, with an emphasis in
professional and technical writing, writing technologies, and/or rhetorics
of science.

We are the flagship institution for our state, located in Tuscaloosa,
Alabama, a college town within close driving distance to Birmingham,
Huntsville, Mobile/Gulf Coast, Atlanta, New Orleans, Nashville, and Memphis.

Information and an application link are below.  I'm happy to answer
questions off-list at ambuck at ua.edu

Sincerely,

Amber Buck, PhD
Associate Professor
Composition, Rhetoric, and English Studies
University of Alabama

Application link: https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/51265

Assistant Professor, Composition, Rhetoric, and English Studies

Position Summary: Maintain active program of research and scholarly
activity. Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in Composition,
Rhetoric, and English Studies, and assist in developing new course
offerings. Service to department as appropriate.

The University of Alabama English Department invites applications for a
tenure-track position in CRES (Composition, Rhetoric, and English Studies)
at the rank of assistant professor. The successful applicant will have a
PhD in rhetoric-composition (or closely related field) by August 2023, an
active research agenda with a primary emphasis in composition-rhetorical
studies, and a record of effective teaching. Area of specialization is
open, but we are particularly interested in candidates whose interests
include professional and technical writing, writing technologies, and/or
rhetorics of science and health. The successful candidate will contribute
to our MA and PhD program in composition and rhetoric as well as assist in
developing our new undergraduate minor and concentration in digital,
public, and professional writing. They may also help us to support the
College of Arts and Sciences research efforts in cultural studies, global
connections, and/or digital humanities.

To apply, candidates should submit a CV including names and contact
information for three references, letter of application, a writing sample
of up to 30 pages, and a teaching philosophy statement with evidence of
inclusive pedagogy.

Review of applications will begin October 24 and will continue until the
position is filled.