[ATTW-L] New open access collection: Keywords in Technical and Professional Communication

Han Yu hyu1 at ksu.edu
Fri Aug 4 15:28:17 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the publication of our collection *Keywords in
Technical and Professional Communication* through the Foundations and
Innovations in Technical and Professional Communication series of the WAC
Clearinghouse.

Released just in time for fall classes, the book is freely available online
at  https://wac.colostate.edu/books/tpc/tpc/
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wac.colostate.edu/books/tpc/tpc/__;!!KGKeukY!18SGHbYfAOGMMT0tHFGtyMpuDn8UsZq7nJkaiBp8XRYdUE2iz4gN1vpIzYYXWZN18wd1YrjY7vKH3IC9GY6rGdJUjto9xg$>.

Each of the 39 essays in this volume engages a key term in technical and
professional communication, tracking the term’s history, significance, and
tensions in the field. The collection is framed by a foreword on the state
of the field by Johndan Johnson-Eilola and Stuart A. Selber and an
afterword on diversity, inclusion, and citational practice by Kristen R.
Moore, Lauren E. Cagle, and Nicole Lowman.

We had the pleasure of working with 44 contributors on this project, and we
are grateful for all the time, expertise, and patience they brought to it.
We are also grateful for the diligence and labor of series editor Lisa
Meloncon and WAC Clearinghouse publisher Mike Palmquist.

We hope the collection is a useful resource for your teaching and
scholarship.

Best wishes,

Han and Jonathan

Han Yu, PhD
Author of *Mind Thief: The Story of Alzheimer's*
<https://cup.columbia.edu/book/mind-thief/9780231198707> and
*The Curious Human Knee
<https://cup.columbia.edu/book/the-curious-human-knee/9780231207027>*
Professor, Scientific/Technical Communication
Kansas State University
130 E/CS