[ATTW-L] CFP: International Rhetoric Workshop

Richard Branscomb Richard.Branscomb at unbc.ca
Wed Dec 20 17:50:33 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I am excited to share the CFP for the 2024 International Rhetoric Workshop, to be held at the University of Dubrovnik! The CFP is previewed below. For more information, access the attached PDF and visit the IRW website<https://www.internationalrhetoric.com/2024>.
When: 18-20 June 2024 | Where: University of Dubrovnik, Croatia

Submission deadline: 18 February 2024 by 23:59 CET / 17:59 ET

The Planning Committee for the 4th Biennial International Rhetoric Workshop<https://www.internationalrhetoric.com/> invites international PhD students and emerging scholars to come together and consider the myriad ways that our contemporary and established traditions of rhetorical theory, pedagogy, and criticism inform global flows of meaning-making. This year’s theme, Borders and Crossroads, prompts us to examine the notions of

  1.  physical, cultural, and conceptual borders that delineate territories and boundaries, marking spaces of distinction, separation, and connection; and
  2.  crossroads that represent intersecting paths, encounters, confluences, and opportunities to confront and transcend restrictive boundaries.

In preparation for the 4th International Rhetoric Workshop 2024, we invite submissions that consider how borders and/or crossroads inform participants’ work—be they geopolitical, cultural, linguistic, economic, disciplinary, methodological, and more.

Best,

Richard

~
Richard Branscomb, Ph.D. (he/him)
Senior Instructor | School of Engineering
University of Northern British Columbia

I respectfully acknowledge that I have settled on the unceded traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nation, where the University of Northern British Columbia community dwells today. Learn and share more at Native Land Digital<https://native-land.ca/>.
[cid:dd0ace84-853c-4e27-9e4d-996f73a6bfc0 at CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]