[ATTW-L] Seeking presenters for ABC 2023 Panel on ChatGPT and Business Communication curricula

Emily DeJeu edejeu at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 4 15:29:59 UTC 2023

Hello, all!

I'm looking to put together a 3-5 person panel for the Association for
Business Communication's 2023 Conference in mid-late October (details here:
https://www.businesscommunication.org/p/cm/ld/fid=1456).

Specifically, I'd like to put together a panel that explores the
pedagogical implications of ChatGPT for Business Communication curriculum
development. I am imagining presentations that explore theoretical
implications of AI-assistive technology for business writing as well as
applied presentations that might illustrate how instructors can integrate
this tool into sample lessons or units. For context, my working paper,
which I'd like to present as part of this panel, explores two strategies
(complete with examples from my own BC course) for using ChatGPT to build
students' rhetorical and genre awareness.

ABC is hosting a virtual conference as well as an in-person conference in
Denver, and I imagine we could propose this panel for either, so this could
be an opportunity to participate in the conference even if you're not able
to travel to Denver in the fall.

If interested, please email me off-list at edejeu at andrew.cmu.edu.

--

*Emily B. DeJeu, PhD *| she/her

Assistant Teaching Professor, Business Management Communication

*z   *https://cmu.zoom.us/j/2060195608

*o*   TPR 4133 | 412-268-5120

*cv* emilybdejeu.com

*Carnegie Mellon University*