[ATTW-L] CWPA Proposals + Edited Collection on Social Justice WPAing

Lilian Mina lilian.mina at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:57:00 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

As we approach the CWPA conference proposal deadline (March 6), I’m very
pleased to announce that Dominic DelliCarpini, David Green (conference
keynote speakers), and I will co-edit a new collection on the conference
theme: Social Justice WPAing. Like the conference CFP, this collection
“*invites
and challenges WPAs from all types of institutions to think of all the ways
we have done social justice work in all aspects of our administration and
leadership roles. It asks about our commitment to social justice of all
individuals and groups in our programs, especially those whose voice has
never been heard or whose presence hasn’t mattered in our programs in the
past. It encourages us to critique, plan, transform, and reflect.”*

The purpose of that collection is 1) to contribute to the somewhat scarce
literature on social justice and WPA work, 2) to give conference
presentations a wider audience, and 3) to give WPAs interested in doing
social justice work in their programs a good resource that they can use.

Unlike conference proceedings, this collection will go through the regular
editorial and peer-review process to ensure quality of publication. *Only
presenters at the CWPA summer conference* will have the opportunity to
submit proposals to that collection based on their conference
presentations. Get your proposals in before the March 6th deadline and
don’t miss this opportunity to share your work with conference attendants
and possibly a wider audience afterwards.

A complete CFP will be available close to the conference in July.

And here's a reminder that we have sessions reserved for WPAs from
under-represented institutions: two-year colleges, HBCUs, SLACs, and Tribal
Colleges.

For all news and updates about the conference, and to submit your proposal,
visit the conference website
<https://wpacouncil.org/aws/CWPA/pt/sp/conference_home_page>.

Looking forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you in Reno.

Lilian
*Lilian W. Mina*
*, Ph.D.*Vice President/President Elect, Council of Writing Program
Administrators
Associate Professor of English, Rhetoric and Composition
Director of Freshman English
Department of English
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
To schedule a meeting: https://calendly.com/lilianmina/meeting-with-lilian
<lilian.mina at gmail.com>