[ATTW-L] #JOB tech comm/pro comm part-time instructors (KC area)

Grover, Stephen david.grover at park.edu
Fri Jan 27 20:28:08 UTC 2023

Colleagues,

The Department of English and Modern Languages at Park University is looking for adjunct instructors who can teach technical or professional writing at our Parkville campus, located just a few minutes from downtown Kansas City. Click this link to find the job ad: https://www.park.edu/careers/part-time-adjunct-positions/ (look for “English EN306A & EN306B” under the Parkville campus).

EN306A: Scientific and Technical Writing and EN306B: Business Communications each fulfill the junior-level writing requirement for Park students and are therefore filled with students from a variety of majors in addition to those specifically working towards our Professional and Technical Writing minor and certificate.

The minimum qualifications for instructors of these classes are these:

Master’s degree (or made significant progress toward a doctorate) specifically in Professional and Technical Writing OR Master’s degree in another subfield of English and gained significant experience as a working technical writer or teacher of technical writing.

Instructors of these courses are also eligible to teach our first-year composition courses (EN105 and EN106), and they may be approved to teach blended and online sections of these and other courses. As the coordinator for both FYC as well as PTW, I am usually able to work directly with our local instructors to arrange the number of sections they want at the times they want, semester by semester, with a minimum of fuss.

Park additionally offers significant professional development opportunities for instructors through our Faculty Center for Innovation<https://www.innovatepark.org/>.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions you have.

Thanks,
David

Stephen David Grover, PhD
Assistant Professor of English
Program Coordinator: First-Year Writing
Course Coordinator: EN204, EN207, EN306A/B/C
Park University<https://www.park.edu> | Parkville Campus | Copley 306
Department of English and Modern Languages
8700 NW River Park Drive
Parkville, MO 64152
816-584-6347<tel:816-584-6347>
david.grover at park.edu<mailto:david.grover at park.edu>
he/his/him

Park University Legal Disclaimer

This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering this confidential communication to the intended recipient, you have received this communication in error, and any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying, or other distribution of this e-mail message and any attached files is strictly prohibited. If you have received this confidential communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message and permanently delete the original message. Any price and other contract terms contained in this email are not intended to constitute an offer or acceptance and so cannot be binding. Park University’s President, CFO, or their designee(s), must approve, in writing, all price and contract terms.