[ATTW-L] [EXT] technical editing class -- hard-copy markup?

Caleb James caleb.james at maine.edu
Thu Jan 5 21:39:50 UTC 2023

I direct students to the textbook chapter on hard copy markup, but I don't
teach it.

As an editor in practice, I'll mark up hard copy at a coffee shop or
something, but it's for myself and not a client. I transfer it to an
electronic copy soon after. It is extra work, but it can be a therapeutic
change of pace.