[ATTW-L] Nominations for Med Rhet Standing Group Officers 2023

Campbell, Lilly lillian.campbell at marquette.edu
Mon Mar 6 16:27:27 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone!

It was great getting to see many new and returning faces at C’s several weeks ago! We had a productive Medical Rhetoric Standing Group meeting and an engaging conversation during our roundtable discussion as well.

I’m writing now to enthusiastically invite you to nominate yourself or someone you know to run for three open officer positions in the Medical Rhetoric Standing Group (MRSG): Chair, Communications Officer, and Graduate Student Representative. Aside from being leadership opportunities, these positions offer a chance for individuals to get to know other members of our wonderful community by working together!

Below is a summary of duties for these positions (adapted from the bylaws<http://medicalrhetoric.com/about-2/cccc-standing-group/>). Please send me (lillian.campbell at marquette.edu) your nominations by Friday, 3/24. I will contact all nominees to confirm interest and ask them to submit a 200-word statement (also acceptable in other forms for reasons of access) and a picture by Friday, 3/31.

Chair

  *   Point of contact for the special interest group & primary liaison to CCCC
  *   Implement activities of MRSG at CCCC, from submission of business meeting proposal, organizing topical program of SIG, to leading the business meeting and submitting a brief report after CCCC

Communications Officer

  *   Post relevant notices to all communication channels & manage channels
  *   Coordinate website activities
  *   Take minutes at annual meeting

Graduate Student Representatives

  *   Assist in the planning of activities at the annual conference
  *   Sit on the committee for standing panel selection
  *   Provide insights on graduate student concerns

Know that current officers have found these duties very manageable and a great way to dip their toes into national service. Each elected officer serves a term of two years. If you have any questions about the duties or eligibility, please feel free to email me or current chair Joanna Johnson (jsjohnson at miami.edu) and current Communications officer Dan Kenzie (daniel.p.kenzie at ndsu.edu).

Online voting will begin on April 3rd and will be open for a week. The link to online voting will be shared via this listserv and other MRSG communication channels (Twitter, Facebook). Election results will be announced mid-April.

All the best,
Lilly Campbell

Lilly Campbell, Ph.D., she/her/hers, 414-288-5266
Marquette University

Associate Professor of English; Director of Foundations Instruction
Institute for Women's Leadership<https://www.marquette.edu/womens-leadership/>, Faculty Advisory Council