[ATTW-L] 2023 ATTW Amplification Awards

Jones, Natasha jonesn30 at msu.edu
Fri Mar 24 15:42:16 UTC 2023

ATTW Amplification Awards

As part of ATTW’s commitment to social justice practices and increasing organizational participation and supporting research from underrepresented scholars and teachers of technical communication, ATTW is offering three awards to recognize and amplify the important contributions of underrepresented students and/or non-tenure track faculty presenting at the online ATTW 2023 Conference. The award includes a conference registration waiver and a financial award of $500. Award recipients will be honored at the ATTW awards reception.

Eligible candidates for this award include students and non-tenure-track faculty whose race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and/or nationality are underrepresented in the field of technical communication. To apply, please submit an extended abstract (not more than 750 words) that summarizes the applicant’s ATTW presentation and its contribution(s) to the field of technical communication. The Amplification Awards Selection Committee will prioritize abstracts that are clearly defined and offer significant pedagogical, theoretical, and/or methodological contributions to the field of technical communication.

Graduate student applicants may apply for both this award and the Graduate Research Award.

Applications should be submitted to ATTW Secretary Ann Shivers-McNair at shiversmcnair at arizona.edu by 11:59 PM PST on April 21, 2023.

Important Dates

Application deadline: April 21, 2023

Notification of recipients: May 12, 2023

ATTW Conference: June 7-9, 2023

Please feel free to contact Ann Shivers-McNair with any questions at shiversmcnair at arizona.edu.

_______________________________

Natasha N. Jones, PhD

Associate Professor in Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures

Michigan State University

President, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)

Pronouns: she/her/hers (more information about why pronouns matter<https://lgbt.ucsf.edu/pronounsmatter>)

Mailing Address:

College of Arts and Letters

Michigan State University

434 Farm Lane. Bessey Hall #289

East Lansing, MI 48824

Availability Note
As an academic, I recognize that sometimes it's hard to prevent work from encroaching into other areas of our lives. However, in an effort to protect my personal space, physical wellness, and intellectual energy, I am not always immediately able or available to respond to emails. As a rule, I am typically away from my email after 6pm Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please note that emails sent outside of these times may not immediately be addressed.

Land and Labor Acknowledgements
Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg-Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The university resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.

I recognize the foundations of this country as shaped by the enslavement, genocide, and displacement of stolen Black folks, families, and entire communities and our contemporary experiences are inextricable from the violent impact of colonialism and the TransAtlantic Slave Trade.