[ATTW-L] Invitation to take a survey about AI writing technology

Gallagher, John johng at illinois.edu
Thu May 11 02:25:08 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to request your participation in a survey that I am conducting as part of my research project (IRB approved #23989) on perceptions of academic dishonesty and artificial intelligence writing programs. I am reaching out to you as I believe that your valuable input and insights, as a writing instructor, would contribute to the success of my study.

Your participation is entirely voluntary and confidential, and you have the right to withdraw at any time. The survey will take approximately 15-25 minutes to complete, and your responses will be strictly anonymous and confidential.

Your participation in this survey will enable me to gather valuable information, which will help me to better understand perceptions of academic dishonesty and make meaningful conclusions.

To participate, please click on the following link:

https://illinois.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eUJ0cxnWuR1LsKW

Follow the instructions provided.

Thank you for considering my request. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I'm also hoping that, if you'd be willing, could you forward this to any email list servs of writing instructors at your institutions?

Best regards,

John R. Gallagher (he/him)
Associate Professor of English
The University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign