[ATTW-L] Lecturer Positions in Technical and Business Writing

Tharon Howard tharon at clemson.edu
Wed May 17 20:55:54 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues-We have a brand new Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, and we're looking for colleagues to help us begin building our Technical Writing and Business Writing programs in it. Please see the call for applications below and share it widely.

Our Technical Writing position is still accepting applications until May 26th at http://apply.interfolio.com/123250<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/apply.interfolio.com/123250__;!!PTd7Sdtyuw!Sbs6rrdGL98p0i6vmmsoKZ1jHDGcW-C9Ggf3FGieLnqzK77fFeSloYP6kkWGAsNcWb6Q0h4zoZpB9spNDWiOmXUEPMU$>. And we now have a new position available for a lecturer in Business Writing which is accepting applications until June 19th (see below).

Lecturer in Business Writing

Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, Clemson University

The new Department of Interdisciplinary Studies at Clemson University invites applications for a Lecturer in business writing to begin August 15, 2023. Interdisciplinary Studies includes a PhD program in Rhetorics, Communication, and Information Design and undergraduate programs in Women's Leadership, Global Black Studies, and World Cinema. The Department plans to offer a variety of business and technical writing courses across these and other subjects and contexts with a strong focus on experiential learning and client-based projects in business and STEM fields.

Lecturers in Interdisciplinary Studies are responsible for teaching a 4/4 course load. This is an annual renewable position with a benefits package including health insurance. Lecturers have additional summer online teaching opportunities.

The search committee is especially interested to hear from candidates who will bring to their teaching diverse perspectives from non-traditional educational backgrounds or an understanding of the experience of those under-represented in higher education.

Qualifications

Preferred Qualifications: Experience teaching business writing in hybrid formats to students in business, marketing, and related fields. Required Qualifications: Master's degree in Professional Writing, Composition and Rhetoric, English, or a related field; or a Master's degree with relevant industry or teaching experience by time of appointment.

Application Instructions

Applicants must submit the following application materials:

  *   Letter of Interest
  *   Curriculum Vitae
  *   List of three (3) references with full contact information (name, email address, and phone number)

Application Materials must be submitted through Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/123250<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/apply.interfolio.com/123250__;!!PTd7Sdtyuw!U4QYoMo4bYZOwLa5UW8H7dh9xR7HolvJvApVYjUB_e16Iu_rq1_hiP3N38_cyd5lgQgIKjv3MNsLVhn37rSYaPQnZgs$>

Application materials received by June 19, 2023, will receive full consideration. Email David Blakesley (dblakes at clemson.edu<mailto:dblakes at clemson.edu>) with questions.

Again, please share widely and invite your grad students to apply.

Thanks!  Tharon