[ATTW-L] CFP: 2024 CCCC Undergraduate Researcher Poster Session

Jessie Moore jmoore28 at elon.edu
Fri Nov 3 23:50:52 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

The CCCC Undergraduate Research Committee invites proposals for the Undergraduate Researcher Poster Session on Thursday, April 4, 2024, at the Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) in Spokane, Washington. The poster session showcases undergraduate research in writing studies, rhetoric and composition, professional writing, and related areas of study.

If you mentor undergraduate researchers, please share the full call for proposals with them:
https://www.writingur.org/2024-undergraduate-researcher-poster-session-call-for-proposals/

Peer feedback and coaching will be available via Eli Review<https://elireview.com/> (thank you!), November 13-17, 2023.

Proposals are due by December 11, 2023.

The annual poster session was initiated at the 2012 CCCC to encourage undergraduate participation in the conference; to attract new members who are contemplating further education and careers in rhetoric and composition; to extend the organization’s diversity; and to examine, support, and represent the growing presence of undergraduate research in rhetoric, composition, and communication. (Learn more<https://www.writingur.org/about-the-cccc-ur-poster-sessions/>.) In the context of these ongoing discussions, this poster session showcases the field’s premier undergraduate researchers and their projects.

Given the extra financial constraints on undergraduate research travel funds in our current higher education climate, we anticipate hosting a hybrid poster session in 2024, with opportunities to present in person or online.

If you have questions about the poster session or about the proposal process, please contact me at jmoore28 at elon.edu<mailto:jmoore28 at elon.edu>. We look forward to learning about your students’ undergraduate research projects!

Sincerely,
Jessie (on behalf of the CCCC Undergraduate Research Committee)

Jessie L. Moore, PhD (she/her)
Director, Center for Engaged Learning<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/> (@CEL_Elon)
Professor, Professional Writing & Rhetoric<https://www.elon.edu/u/academics/arts-and-sciences/english/professional-writing-rhetoric/> (@ElonPWR)
Elon University, North Carolina