[ATTW-L] Announcing the Association of Teachers of Technical Writing Halcyon Lawrence Memorial Scholarship

Gonzales,Laura gonzalesl at ufl.edu
Wed Nov 8 13:00:00 UTC 2023

Dear ATTW Community:

In honor and memory of Dr. Halcyon Lawrence, ATTW is developing a memorial scholarship for scholars in technical communication and related fields. The scholarship, still in development, will be an annual award presented at each ATTW conference. This scholarship will be awarded to those whose research, practice, and/or pedagogy focuses on linguistic justice in technical communication, translation and language diversity, the intersections of technology and language, and diasporic and global languages in technical communication. We will have more information to come soon. Dr. Halcyon Lawrence, we give you your flowers and we honor you!

Sincerely,
Natasha Jones and Laura Gonzales

Laura Gonzales, PhD
Associate Professor of Digital Writing and Cultural Rhetorics
Associate Director, TRACE Innovation Initiative<https://trace.english.ufl.edu>
Department of English
University of Florida

Editor, Reflections: A Journal of Community-Engaged Writing and Rhetoric<https://reflectionsjournal.net>