[ATTW-L] Request to Participate in a Survey about Peer Review Experiences

Hannah Stevens hannah.stevens at usu.edu
Thu Nov 9 17:59:06 UTC 2023

Hello, all--

My name is Hannah Stevens, and I am a doctoral candidate in Technical Communication and Rhetoric at Utah State University. I am conducting a research study (IRB # #13738) to identify strategic tactical interventions utilized by the publishing community to cultivate a positive publishing experience. Specifically, I am interested in learning about specific unhelpful, problematic, and/or harmful peer review experiences where, in response, an intervention in some form turned these review experiences into positive publishing experiences.

To participate in this research you must be 18+ years old, identify as part of the field of writing studies, and have had a negative peer review experience in the last 10 years.
If you take part in this study, you will be asked to complete a survey that should take up to 10 minutes. The survey will ask you specific questions about your experience with academic peer review as a submitting author.
Your participation in this study is voluntary and you may withdraw your participation at any time by closing out your browser for any reason. The questions asked in this survey may ask you for sensitive information. You may choose to complete this survey in a private location.
Please access the survey<https://usu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5nChgveywO7O5vw> if you would like to participate. You can also read the letter of information<http://bit.ly/StevensWaltonLOI> for more on this survey/research project.

If you have any questions about this study, you can contact Hannah Stevens at hannah.stevens at usu.edu<mailto:hannah.stevens at usu.edu> or Rebecca Walton at rebecca.walton at usu.edu<mailto:rebecca.walton at usu.edu>.

Thank you again for your time and consideration!

Best,

--
Hannah Stevens, she/her
PhD Candidate | Utah State University