[ATTW-L] Position at Iowa State University: Assistant or Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Writing

Kostelnick, Charles J [ENGL] chkostel at iastate.edu
Wed Oct 4 12:23:30 UTC 2023

Please see the job posting below.  Contact me if you'd like to know more about this position or about our programs at Iowa State University.

Charlie Kostelnick
Professor, English Department
Iowa State University

The Department of English in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant or tenured Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence and Writing, with a strong background in applied linguistics and/or rhetoric and professional communication. We seek a faculty member who specializes in the development and/or use of writing-, communication- and language-related artificial intelligence (AI) applications. The ideal applicant will have an established or emerging research agenda focusing on AI with expertise relevant to natural language processing, generative AI, or a related area. We are especially interested in scholars who are applying AI in innovative ways for the teaching and assessment of writing, communication, and/or language learning. This position is part of a strategic initiative to build Iowa State’s research strength and degree programs in key areas, including advanced computing and cybersecurity.

For more information, please visit the official posting at https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor-in-Artificial-Intelligence--AI--and-Writing_R13056

For guaranteed consideration, interested candidates should apply by November 1, 2023.