[ATTW-L] Job: TT Assistant Professor (English: Composition/Rhetoric) at Westmont College (CA)

Sarah Skripsky sskripsky at westmont.edu
Thu Oct 12 21:59:28 UTC 2023

Dear ATTW colleagues:

Since 2008, I've been teaching and directing the writing center at Westmont
College <http://www.westmont.edu>, a nationally ranked
<https://westmont.edu/about/college-profile/national-rankings> liberal arts
college in the evangelical Protestant tradition.

After a recent retirement, we are searching for *a tenure-track Assistant
Professor of English who specializes in composition/rhetoric*; the
anticipated start date is August 2024. While a PhD in hand is desirable,
applicants who are ABD or who have an MFA plus a significant publication
and teaching record will be considered. Review of applications has begun
and will continue into November 2023. Job benefits include housing
assistance.

   - For more details on our open position, go here
   <https://community-writing.mobilize.io/links?lid=B96I5ZQWcrMdEOrePBx4RA&token=Z322TxUUXbpB_htaDik6Vw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.westmont.edu%2Foffice-provost%2Fopen-positions>
   to learn about Westmont's mission, then scroll down to select the
   "Assistant Professor of English: Composition/Rhetoric" tab. (We also
   have an open position for an Americanist, so be sure to select the desired
   tab.)

Our English department is collegial and includes 5 other full-time,
tenure-track faculty members as well as part-time faculty who contribute to
our minors in Ethnic Studies, Environmental Studies, Film Studies, Gender
Studies, Global Studies, and Writing.

Westmont's hillside campus overlooks coastal Santa Barbara, California
<https://santabarbaraca.gov/>, which is stunningly beautiful. We enjoy a
lively arts scene, including UC Santa Barbara's world-class Arts & Events
series <https://artsandlectures.ucsb.edu/>. Our local airport
<https://flysba.santabarbaraca.gov/fly-sba> is serviced by 5 major
airlines, and Amtrak offers southbound access to Los Angeles and San Diego
and northbound access to San Jose and the San Francisco Bay area.

Kindly forward this information to other composition/rhetoric professionals
who may be interested in applying. As the search chair, I am glad to answer
questions.

Gratefully,

Sarah Skripsky

Sarah Skripsky <https://www.westmont.edu/people/sarah-l-skripsky-phd>,
Ph.D.

Associate Professor of English

Director of the *Writing Center <https://www.westmont.edu/writers-corner>*

Writing across the Curriculum (WAC) Coordinator

_________________________

Office phone: 805.565.6122

Office hours (go here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UUNvaFRyNk4tYlhDfGRlZmF1bHR8NjVjMGNmMzMwMjE4OTAzYjU5MjM0YWU0NGFmYWViMTg>
to make an appointment)

955 La Paz Road • Santa Barbara, CA 93108

*****

*Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen
and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul. ― *Anne Lamott, from
*Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life *

This email transmission, and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it, contains confidential and legally privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information
contained in or attached to this transmission in any way is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender and destroy the original transmission and its
attachments without reading or saving it in any manner.