[ATTW-L] Reminder: Survey about your program and course names

Jay L Gordon jlgordon at ysu.edu
Tue Sep 5 18:54:40 UTC 2023

Just a reminder that if you’d like to complete the survey described below, please let me know. I’d like to have as many responses as possible by next Friday (September 15). Thank you!
Jay
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the cross-post. If you would be willing to take a brief survey on the rationales program leaders give for naming their programs and courses, please email me at jlgordon at ysu.edu<mailto:jlgordon at ysu.edu>, and I’ll send you a link to the survey (it’s in Google Forms).

The survey asks you to provide information about how you named your program and up to three of your program’s required courses. The survey should take between 10 and 20 minutes to complete, depending on how much information you provide.

I don’t want this survey to be a lot of work right at the start of the semester. If the information for answering any of the open-ended questions isn’t handy, feel free to skip those.

The study is approved by our IRB office (see below my email signature). I will be reporting on the results of the survey in Charleston at the CPTSC meeting next month, and I will email the results to anyone else interested.

Please let me know if you’d like to complete this survey or if you have any questions. I hope everyone’s fall is getting off to a great start!

Jay

Jay L Gordon, Ph.D.
Department of English and World Languages
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555
jlgordon at ysu.edu<mailto:jlgordon at ysu.edu>
(330) 941-1643 (email preferred)

SURVEY IRB INFORMATION

The study is IRB approved (YSU IRB Approval 2024-21). Completing the survey via Google Forms indicates your agreement to participate. Your email address and any personally identifying information will be kept confidential. For the purposes of reporting on this research, no personally identifying information will be disclosed.

Participation is voluntary and refusal to participate or withdrawal from the project at any time will involve no penalty or loss of benefits to which the participant is otherwise entitled. No risks exist in this study. The benefits of the study include understanding how program leaders develop and change their program and course names in response to various conditions and circumstances.

All survey respondents must be 18 years or older. No identifiable information will be acquired from participants; participants can refuse to participate in the study or withdraw at any time; and the researcher, Jay L. Gordon, is willing to answer any additional questions you may have about the project.

Jay L. Gordon can be reached at jlgordon at ysu.edu<mailto:jlgordon at ysu.edu> or 330-941-1643. You can also contact the YSU IRB at The Office of Research Services at 330-941-2377 or YSUIRB at ysu.edu<mailto:YSUIRB at ysu.edu>.