[ATTW-L] #JOB Open-Rank Tenured or Tenure-Track position in Public Communication

Leah Corinne Jones l.corinne.jones at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 17:26:58 UTC 2023

Hello all,

Apologies for cross-posting, but I am excited to share that my department
is hiring for an open-rank position in Public Communication that I think
will be relevant to people on the ATTW listserv. We expect an HR link soon,
but in the meantime, please share widely.

Best,

Corinne Jones
Assistant Professor of Communication and Media
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
JonesL8 at rpi.edu

--

*Open Rank, Tenured or Tenure-Track *position in* Public
Communication**.* Dept.

We invite applications from candidates who teach and research *communication
with the public* from a broad range of critical perspectives.

Preferred areas of expertise include:  *Science Communication, Speech
Communication, Rhetoric/ Persuasion, Political Communication,
Cross-Cultural Public Communication, *and* Social Justice
Communication. *Experience
in and/or commitment to* public-facing, participatory, or community engaged
scholarship *is also desirable.

*Senior Associate or Full professors* with experience or interest in
becoming a future *Department Head* are encouraged to apply. (Position
start date: August 2024)

The Department of Communication and Media offers a *B.S*. in Communication,
Media & Design; an *M.S*. in Communication & Rhetoric; and a *Ph.D.* in
Communication & Rhetoric.

If interested in applying, please contact Prof. June Deery at deeryj at rpi.edu
. (An official application link is not yet available).

Applications received by *December 1, 2023* will receive first
consideration.