[ATTW-L] New issue of Communication Design Quarterly

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:13:48 UTC 2024

Hi all,
I'm happy to announce the publication of Volume 12, Issue 1 of
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/CDQ-12.1.pdf>*Communication
Design Quarterly
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/CDQ-12.1.pdf> (CDQ)*.
This issue features 5 full articles, 1 industry insights report, and 4 book
reviews, and I want to thank the authors for all the amazing work they did.
I'm including the table of contents of the issue below, and I hope you all
read it and enjoy it. I'm proud of this issue and feel it does a good job
of capturing the scope of what we publish in *CDQ.* Please don't hesitate
to reach out to me if you have any questions about the issue or are
interested in submitting your own work
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/submission-guidelines/>!

   - Fernweh Interdisciplinary Research Visualizer: A Data Visualization
   Tool for Interdisciplinary Research Scoping (Authors Stephen Carradini,
   Barbara Carradini)
   - Collaboration as a Shared Value: Instructor and Student Perceptions of
   Collaborative Learning in Online Business Writing Courses (Authors:
   Brigitte Mussack, JasonTham
   - Publicly Available, Transparent, and Explicit: An Analysis of Academic
   Publishing Policy and Procedure Documents (Author: Hannah L. Stevens)
   - Developing Asynchronous Workshop Models for Professional Development
   (Authors: Imari Cheyne Tetu, Shannon Kelly, Jun Fu, Caitlin K. Kirby, Scott
   Schopieray, and Stephen Thomas)
   - Introducing the Method of Exhibit-Based Research (Authors: Kathryn
   Eccles, Laura Herman, Caterina Moruzzi, and Maggie Mustaklem)
   - Field Perspectives & Industry Insights: The Political impact of the
   Default in GenAI (Author: Benjamin Lauren)
   - Review of Salt of the Earth: Rhetoric, Preservation and White
   Supremacy (Author: Kat Gray)
   - Review of Privacy Matters: Conversations about Surveillance in and
   beyond the Classroom (Author: Tina Puntasecca)
   - Review of Embodied Environmental Risk in Technical Communication
   (Author: David Reamer
   - Review of Update Culture and the Afterlife of Digital Writing (Author:
   Drew Virtue)

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

My new *Object Lessons *book: *Barcode
<https://bookshop.org/p/books/barcode-jordan-frith/19896061?ean=9781501399916>*