[ATTW-L] Seeking Nominations for ATTW Vice-President & At-Large Members: Due April 24th, 2024

Gonzales,Laura gonzalesl at ufl.edu
Wed Apr 3 20:17:22 UTC 2024

Dear ATTW members,

Every three years the ATTW membership elects a new vice president (who goes on to serve as president) and three members-at-large. As current ATTW Vice President, I am writing to solicit nominations for these positions (duties briefly outlined below). If you or another ATTW member you know would be a good candidate for any of these positions, please email your nomination(s) by April 24th, 2024 to me at gonzalesl at ufl.edu.

The nominating committee will finalize a slate of candidates by the end of May, and the election will transpire in early June.

I appreciate your interest in and suggestions for future ATTW leadership!

Laura

Duties of the ATTW Elected Positions (per the ATTW Constitution<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/attw.org/about-attw/attw-constitution/__;!!HXCxUKc!gBZQA0cr_r_uSJT4g2AunwQ4-RO55qrzoFUxsLB5qp0x-iMfLTQUffOGHYChypBU$>):

The Members-at-Large shall

1.          Perform all duties and functions requested by the President or the Executive Committee through the President; and

2.          Serve on the Executive Committee.

 *Please note that it is common for Members-at-Large to be solicited to chair or co-chair an ATTW conference during their term

The Vice President shall

1.     Perform all duties and functions requested by the President;
2.     Perform all duties and functions of the President when the President is incapacitated;
3.     Chair the Nominating Committee; and shall
4.     Serve on the Executive Committee.

Because the VP goes on to serve as President, I have included those duties as well.

The President shall

1.                   Serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization;

2.                   Chair the Executive Committee;

3.                   Preside at all meetings scheduled for the conduct of the organization’s business/affairs;

4.                   Represent the organization at all official functions;

5.                   Present all matters of organizational operations and business to the Executive Committee for its information and/or approval;

6.                   Submit all proposals for the expenditure of organizational funds in amounts exceeding $250.00 to the Executive Committee for approval;

7.                   Appoint individuals and committees as needed to conduct the business/affairs of the organization in an efficient and timely manner; and shall

8.                   Act as a liaison along with the Treasurer between the organization and the company (or companies) that produces the journal and the book series, and that collects the membership dues.

Thank you!

Laura

Laura Gonzales, PhD
Associate Professor of Digital Writing and Cultural Rhetorics
Associate Director, TRACE Innovation Initiative<https://trace.english.ufl.edu>
Department of English
University of Florida

Editor, Reflections: A Journal of Community-Engaged Writing and Rhetoric<https://reflectionsjournal.net>