[ATTW-L] Announcing an Inclusive Cross-Institutional Mentoring Program

Michele Zugnoni michele.zugnoni at northwestern.edu
Mon Apr 29 14:03:15 UTC 2024

Colleagues,

Exciting news! We're launching an inclusive cross-institutional mentoring program available to all professionals in writing and communication studies. Participants have their choice of focus areas, which include many different disciplines in addition to a myriad of pursuits such as program development, curriculum design, writing centers, first-year writing, research/publication, career development, incorporating DEI, and more. Hosted by the Association for Writing Across the Curriculum’s Mentoring Committee, the program will pair professionals in one-on-one relationships that not only offer mentoring, but also create opportunities for cross-institutional connections among like-minded peers. This is a great opportunity for networking and career growth. AWAC’s Mentoring Committee will also offer optional online programming tailored to participants' interests.

Join us this summer for our inaugural session. We're asking mentors and mentees to give just one hour of their time during the months of June, July and August, for a total of three hours. Mentoring can be conducted on Zoom, in email, or in any other format that makes distance connection possible.

To sign up and learn more, complete the short survey here<https://forms.gle/K6bhCUYmFJNyhAkJA>. Feel free to send any questions to Michele Zugnoni at michele.zugnoni at northwestern.edu.

Thank you from the members of the AWAC Mentoring Committee!

Amit Anshumali, Princeton University

Sara Austin, AdventHealth University

Amy Cicchino,  Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Lindsay Clark, Sam Houston State University

Ming Fang, Florida International University

Pamela Flash, University of Minnesota

Jeffrey Galin, Florida Atlantic University

Lauren Garskie, Gannon University

Kimberly Harrison, Florida International University

Joanna Johnson, University of California, Davis

Jacqueline Kauza, Indiana University East (chair)

Caitlin Martin, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Michele Zugnoni, Northwestern University

Michele N. Zugnoni, PhD (she, her, hers<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.mypronouns.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=yHlS04HhBraes5BQ9ueu5zKhE7rtNXt_d012z2PA6ws&r=j1LtTHJfNRAUk2BYfQF6TjlUC12OVobv5yxBqnI6ALo&m=gDEE84CT5sd3q2VOCJADOTS6adZDzFjMbeNvJzfRqh8&s=jtO2k82lNUCYBSQ706lP1-PyP-My7DoNaJFnwk1f-Os&e=>)

Assistant Professor of Instruction

Co-Director, Design Thinking and Communication
Searle Fellow 2023-2024
The Bobbie and Stanton Cook Family Writing Program
Northwestern University
847-491-4966<tel:847-491-4966>