[ATTW-L] Young Scholars in Writing peer reviewers needed

YSW Editor youngscholars.editor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 21:05:25 UTC 2024

Hello colleagues,

*We are currently seeking undergraduate peer reviewers for Young Scholars
in Writing volume 22.*

   - Who can serve as a student peer reviewer? Any undergraduate student!
   This is a great opportunity to expose students to undergraduate research in
   writing studies and provides an opportunity to learn about the process of
   scholarly publishing.
   - What are the responsibilities of a YSW student peer reviewer? Students
   serving as peer reviewers would receive a multimedia presentation to watch
   (approx 20 min) which covers the history of the journal and publication
   criteria. After reviewing this background information, peer reviewers will
   be assigned 1-2 manuscripts to review and provide feedback on. The review
   of each manuscript should take approximately 1-2 hours. Reviewers will
   receive manuscripts to review on April 18, 2024, and would need to have
   reviews completed by May 3, 2024.

If you are interested in having students serve as peer reviewers for this
volume, please share the above description along with the link to a peer
review interest form (below) to any interested students. The deadline to
sign up to be a student peer reviewer is April 5, 2024.

https://ycp.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4VLyGqE8dfek0Ie

As a reminder, we’ve also attached the CFP for volume 22. Please share this
CFP with any undergraduate researchers in rhetoric and writing studies and
your colleagues. We'll be accepting submissions for volume 22 through April
15th.

We are also eager to support undergraduate research and are available to Zoom
into your classes to discuss research and publication in YSW with your
students. Just send us an email (youngscholars.editor at gmail.com) to let us
know if you'd like to schedule a virtual meeting.

Emily Murphy Cope, Gabriel Cutrufello, & Kimberly Fahle Peck, co-editors
Young Scholars in Writing: Undergraduate Research in Writing and Rhetoric
<https://youngscholarsinwriting.org>
York College of Pennsylvania