[ATTW-L] Rigo Award Nominations Due Feb. 15th, 2024

Morgan Banville mbanville at maritime.edu
Tue Jan 16 22:19:58 UTC 2024

Good evening,

My name is Dr. Morgan Banville and I am the incoming Communications and
Social Media Manager for SIGDOC. I’m an Assistant Professor of Humanities
at Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and am excited to join the SIGDOC
Executive Board. I write with exciting news about the Rigo Award
Nominations.

The SIGDOC Executive Committee is currently accepting nominations for the
2024 Rigo Award. The Rigo Award is named after Joseph Rigo, the founder of
SIGDOC. The award celebrates an individual’s lifetime contribution to the
fields of communication design, technical communication, user experience,
or another related field. Since 2004, Rigo Awards have been given every
other year, alternating with the Diana Award.

Nominations for the Rigo Award are considered carefully by the SIGDOC
Executive Committee. Any active SIGDOC member can submit a nomination
(self-nominations welcome) to be put on the ballot by sending an email to
sigdocacm at gmail.com that includes the name of the nominee and a brief
paragraph outlining the value of the individual’s contributions to our
fields. All nominations are voted upon by the Executive Committee. The
winner will be announced in the Spring and will serve as one of the two
keynotes for the SIGDOC ’24 conference in Arlington, VA (Oct. 20-22, 2024).

Past winners can be found here: https://sigdoc.acm.org/awards/rigo-award/.

The nomination period ends on February 15th.