[ATTW-L] #JOB FT Lecturer in English (Focus on Composition)

Trent M Kays trent at trentmkays.com
Sat Mar 9 20:45:05 UTC 2024

Colleagues:

Augusta University is hiring. We seek multiple Lecturers for positions. I
am the Director of College Composition and on the hiring committee, so if
you have questions or concerns, please reach out. There is a lot of growth
at AU! We are expanding and have recently redesigned our Professional
Writing and Rhetoric minor.

I have pasted the details in this email after my signature AND attached the
job description.

tmk
––
Trent M. Kays, PhD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
----

Job Summary

Job ID 269465 Position #: 40070659

The Katherine Reese Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities, and Social
Sciences Department of English and World Languages at Augusta University,
responding to enrollment growth in recent years, is seeking applicants for
multiple Lecturers in English. The selected candidates will be expected to
teach College Composition courses. These are non-tenure eligible faculty
positions (9-month contract) with duties anticipated to begin in August
2024. Candidates will have a strong commitment to teaching general
education classes and disciplinary or work experience in professional and
technical writing, composition studies, or digital humanities.

Responsibilities

Teach 8 in-person courses per year as assigned by chair. These will include
ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102 (College Composition I and II) and possible others
such as introductory literature and/or humanities courses.

Teach onsite dual enrollment courses located in local high schools.
Participate in shared governance of department, college, and university as
assigned.

Required Qualifications

Master's degree in English, Professional Writing, Rhetoric and Composition
or related field or master's degree with a concentration in the teaching
discipline (minimum of 18 graduate semester hours).

Required faculty employment qualifications for all USG institutions and all
academic ranks within these institutions shall be:

-Consistent with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)'s requirements for institutional
accreditation;

-Evidence of ability as a teacher;

-Evidence of activity as a scholar and ability in all other duties
assigned;

-Successful experience (which will necessarily be waived for those just
entering the academic profession who meet all other requirements); and,

-Desirable personal qualities judged on the basis of personal interview,
complete biographical data, and recommendations.

Preferred Qualifications

Ph.D. in English, Professional Writing, Rhetoric and Composition or related
field and work experience in journalism, marketing, technical
communication, user design, media development, publishing, or digital
humanities.

Experience in teaching in a college or a university setting.
Applicants with experience teaching asynchronous and synchronous online
courses are strongly encouraged to apply.