[ATTW-L] web site for Communicating Science short course

boxman boxman at eng.tau.ac.il
Wed Oct 31 03:32:12 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues:

We recently opened a web site for our short-course on scientific writing
aimed at math, engineering, and science graduate students and early career
researchers at:

 <http://communicating-science.com/> http://communicating-science.com

If your university educates STEM graduate students but does not have a full
semester scientific writing course catering to their needs, our course may
provide a cost-effective solution. Likewise the course is appropriate for
research institutions.

The course emphasizes the structure and organization of the research report
(journal papers and theses), and includes shorter lectures on conference
presentations, proposals, CV's, patents, and business plans, according to
the time available. A written exercise is included in the course, which is
graded and returned to the students.

The web site includes links to 1-hr lectures on YouTube on writing good
papers, conference presentations, and winning research proposals.

Regards,

Ray Boxman

>From the laptop computer of:

Prof. Emeritus Raymond (Reuven) Boxman

School of Electrical Engineering

Tel Aviv University

Tel:  +972-3-640 7364

Cell: +972-54-463 4217

Room 507, Computer and Software Engineering Building

 <http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~boxman/index.html>
http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~boxman/index.html

CEO Clear Wave Ltd.   <http://clrwave.com/> http://clrwave.com

Scientific Writing Courses:  <http://communicating-science.com/>