[ATTW-L] Announcing Studies in Technical Communication, a new book series from SUNY Press

Miles Kimball miles.kimball at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:21:19 UTC 2019

Dear ATTW Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce the launch of a new book series published by
SUNY Press:

*Studies in Technical Communication**, Edited by Miles A Kimball and
Charles Sides*
Broad and interdisciplinary, this new series invites proposals for
book-length edited collections and traditional book-length monographs
studying technical communication and related fields from all angles. It
encompasses not only technical communication in corporations, but also in
government, health, military, and extra-institutional contexts. The series
values scholarship in the theory and application of technical
communication, including both quantitative and qualitative empirical
research. The editors particularly wish to provide a venue for book-length,
in-depth scholarship on the history of technical communication and the role
of technical communication in culture and technology.

We are particularly excited to renew a collaboration with SUNY Press, which
has published some of the seminal works of our field, including Blake
Scott,  Katherine Wills, and Bernadette Longo's *Critical Power Tools*;
Dorothy Winsor's *Writing Power*; Longo's *Spurious Coin*, and Robert
Johnson's *User-Centered Technology. *We believe that equally important
work is out there in your hands and minds, and we'd like to hear about any
projects you might consider proposing.

You will be happy to know that this new series will have a lower threshold
for publication in paperback (trade paper), and a significantly lower price
point - an issue about which many of you expressed concern.

Neither Charles nor I will be able to join you in Pittsburgh this year, but
we welcome inquiries by email:

   - miles.kimball at gmail.com
   - csides at fitchburgstate.edu

A flyer in PDF is attached for you to distribute - or please feel free to
forward this email to whomever you think might be interested.

Enjoy your conference!

Miles and Charles

*-- *
Miles Kimball, PhD