[ATTW-L] mobile-friendly documentation in the introductory tech comm course

Mark Crane craniac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:56:56 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm thinking of having my students in "Introduction to Technical
Communications" deliver their assignments in multiple formats.  Generally,
they submit a Word document or in situations where the layout and
formatting might be at risk, a PDF file.  I've been thinking about having
each assignment submitted in a conventional, A4-sized electronic format,
and in a format that might retain readability on a cellphone or smaller
tablet.  My concern is that this may be too much technical overhead in an
introductory course and take time away from other important areas.

So I guess I'm asking if anyone is already asking their students to deliver
mobile-friendly documents, and if so, what resources are you finding
helpful?

Thank you,

MC