[ATTW-L] Survey: Technical Workplace Perspectives

Beth Keller kellerej at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 14:56:48 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for the cross-posting!

Hello! We are Suzy Rumsey and Beth Keller, professors and researchers at
Purdue University Fort Wayne. We are interested in understanding what types
of writing and communication methods professionals in technology fields do
on a daily basis. We have been contracted to write a technical writing
textbook for undergraduates. We would like to include perspectives from
working professionals to add credibility to the text’s content and to aid
us in deciding what topics to include. Additionally, we would like to use
the data we collect in an academic article on the subject.

If you are interested in participating in our study, we will gather
information in two ways, and we hope you are interested in participating in
both. First, we have created an online survey to gather basic information
about your beliefs, attitudes, and experiences using writing in your
technical or engineering workplace.

Second, we will do follow-up interviews either using online conference
software (such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams) or phone. Due to the COVID-19
pandemic, we will not do face-to-face interviews. These interviews will ask
more in depth questions about your what you write, your methods for doing
the writing, your attitudes about writing, and your perspectives about what
writing skills undergraduate students should have upon graduating with a
technology or engineering degree.

*If you are interested in taking the survey, the link is:
https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eOR2kAV0EmUAG2N
<https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eOR2kAV0EmUAG2N>*

If you are interested in being interviewed, please respond to this email
and we will send you the consent form and set up a time to talk.

Thank you for your time! And please share this survey link with others you
know in engineering, technology, computer science, and related fields.
Thank you!

Beth Keller
--
Elizabeth J. Keller, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English & Linguistics
kellerej at gmail.com OR elizabeth.keller at pfw.edu
LA 125 | 260-481-6755

Interested in mentoring? Check out my book, and order
<https://www.routledge.com/Rhetorical-Strategies-for-Professional-Development-Investment-Mentoring/Keller/p/book/9780815371748>
your copy today!