[ATTW-L] Help Support the WAC Clearinghouse

ten grrl tengrrl at tengrrl.com
Mon Sep 21 18:37:51 UTC 2020

Hi Folks,

I’m writing to announce the launch of the WAC Clearinghouse’s first fund
drive. You might know that the Clearinghouse provides high-quality
scholarly publications available at no cost to everyone (you can see our
website at https://wac.colostate.edu). To date, we’ve made more than 125
books available in open-access formats, most of them original and some as
re-publications. We currently support six academic journals and provide
access to a dozen others in archival form. We have become the home for
CompPile, the leading database in writing studies, and are working to
update and expand its coverage. And we offer a rich set of resources for
writers and writing instructors. All of these publications and resources
are well used. In the past year, we’ve received more than three million
visits to our website and three million downloads of our journal articles
and books.

The Clearinghouse relies primarily on the volunteer labor of more than 180
people for nearly all of our work (keeping our production costs to less
than 10 percent of those borne by the average scholarly press). But we
still incur costs, including those related to copyediting and designing our
books, charges for ISBN numbers and DOI registration, and software and
equipment expenses, to name a few.

We’re hoping you might be able to help us cover those costs. We know that
many of our readers, like us, are  dealing with unusual challenges at this
time, which is why we are thankful that the Colorado State University
Foundation, which manages our charitable giving, can accept donations of as
small as $10. The Foundation also supports sustaining contributions, which
are given on a monthly basis. As few as 15 sustaining contributions of $10
per month will cover the cost of producing one of our books, and just 75
one-time contributions of $20 will cover the cost of copy editing one
journal issue.

We hope you’ll help us continue to make the CompPile database available to
the writing studies community, expand our collection of open-access books,
support new and established journals, and grow our collection of teaching,
scholarly, and professional resources for the WAC and writing studies
communities. To find out how to contribute, see
https://wac.colostate.edu/support/.

Thanks,

Mike

Publisher, The WAC Clearinghouse

https://wac.colostate.edu

Mike Palmquist

Professor of English

University Distinguished Teaching Scholar

Colorado State University

Email: Mike.Palmquist at ColoState.edu

[image: CSU-Official-wrdmrk-357-617]