[ATTW-L] SIGDOC 2020 next week!

Stacey Pigg slpigg at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 30 18:49:42 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

The SIGDOC 2020 conference committee is making final preparations for our
virtual event, which will take place next week from October 5-9. We write
to share more information about the online conference and invite you to
register. Registration is free for SIGDOC members, and membership costs
only $35 USD (or $25 for students).

Beginning Monday, registrants will have access to over 60 presentations in
video and poster form that can be viewed at your convenience. In addition,
our live events program
<http://sigdoc.acm.org/conference/2020/program/#page-content> includes a
keynote, interactive panels on pandemic communication and antiracist
research, an editor's roundtable, our student research competition, and an
academia-industry meetup and networking event to close the conference. A
table listing our live events is below.
<http://sigdoc.acm.org/conference/2020/program/#page-content>

We are excited to announce that our opening keynote
<http://sigdoc.acm.org/conference/2020/keynote-wccc/#page-content>, “Building
Collaborative Networks to Support Women of Color in User-Experience and
Technology Design" will be delivered via Zoom on Wednesday, October 7
by Estefania Castillo, Laura Gonzales, Bibhushana Poudyal, Nora Rivera, Joy
Robinson, Ann Shivers-McNair, and Tetyana Zhyvotovska.

To update your membership or join SIGDOC, please see more information at
http://sigdoc.acm.org/join/

To register for the conference, please see
https://sigdoc.acm.org/conference/2020/register/#page-content

Although we'd looked forward to a joint event in Denton, TX with CPTSC,
we hope that you'll attend CPTSC's events online this week and then join
ours next week. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Stacey, on behalf of the conference committee

Stacey Pigg, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of English
Director of Professional Writing Program
North Carolina State University

Cell: (517) 282-1889
Office: (919) 515-4117
slpigg at ncsu.edu
***************************
Tuesday, Oct 6
Time
Session
10:30 AM - noon CST
SIGDOC Business Meeting
Wednesday, Oct 7
Time
Session
10 AM - 11:30 AM CST
Opening Remarks, Diana Award & Keynote "Building Collaborative Networks to
Support Women of Color in User-Experience and Technology Design” (members
of the Women of Color in Computing Collaborative)
12PM - 1:30 PM CST
Topical Session A: Pandemic-Related Communication
2:00 - 4:30 PM CST
Workshop A: The Pedagogy of User Experience: Methods, Tools, Approaches

Thursday, Oct 8
Time
Session
10 AM - 11:15 AM CST
SRC Synchronous Event, Part 1
11:30 - 12:45 PM CST
SRC Synchronous Event, Part 2
1PM - 2:30 CST
Topical Session B: Antiracism and research
2:30 - 5 PM CST
Workshop B: Structure your Site for Your Users: The Card Sorting Method

Friday, Oct 9
Time
Session
10 AM- 12:00 CST
Workshop C: YAML as an Information Design Tool in the Classroom and the
Workplace
12PM - 1:30PM CST
Topical Session C: Editor's Roundtable
2PM - 3PM CST
Conference Wrap-up, Closing Remarks & Awards
3PM - 5PM CST
Super Meetup: Ignite Talks