[ATTW-L] Get Involved with WPA-GO’s Committees for AY ‘22-23!

KM Gray kmgraywrites at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:18:53 UTC 2022

Dear Members of ATTW,

The Writing Program Administrators - Graduate Organization (WPA-GO) is
excited to start a new academic year and offer a few ways for folks to
network, build community, and support graduate students around the world. Are
you interested in getting involved with one of our committees?

Please fill out our annual WPA-GO Committee Interest Form
<https://forms.gle/xiR1Aa35Yky1zoXBA> to let us know whether you’d like to…

   -

   Join one of WPA-GO’s committees,
   -

   Let us know what other initiatives you’d like WPA-GO to look into
   offering!

Serving on a WPA-GO committee is a great way to meet new people in the
field, learn new WPA-oriented skills, bond over shared interests, and grow
and assist one another with professionalization opportunities.

In the past, committee members have hosted talks with scholars, organized
the Graduate Student Speaker Series
<https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLltAa1ig6k85qEdpTepQqCHT-QKuX2PW5>,
created accessibility guidelines, led mentoring events at CCCC, facilitated
an anti-racist reading group, and more!

We recognize that this is a very busy time of the year. However, getting
started with WPA-GO now will help you get oriented to our organization and
our initiatives before taking action in the semester(s) to come. That said,
we anticipate that committee work will be fairly low through the end of the
semester as members get to know one another and define priorities and
projects for the future.

Interested in learning more about WPA-GO’s committees before you
decide? Descriptions
can be found on our site
<https://sites.google.com/view/wpago/home?authuser=0>!

For those interested, fill out our WPA-GO Committee Interest Form
<https://forms.gle/xiR1Aa35Yky1zoXBA>. We will accept committee members on
a rolling basis as needed, but priority will be given to those graduate
students who fill out the form by September 6th, 2022.

If you are not already a GO member, don't worry: it's easy and free to
join! Simply
fill out our membership form <https://forms.gle/Y5KozaD7coBYspt19>.

If you have any questions about WPA-GO, please email wpago1 at gmail.com.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

Kat M. Gray, on behalf of the WPA-GO Leadership Council
--
*Kat M. Gray*
they/she pronouns