[ATTW-L] Fund drive for WAC Clearinghouse

Lisa Melonçon meloncon.research at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:00:00 UTC 2022

All -

I’m writing to spread the word about the WAC Clearinghouse’s second fund
drive. This follows up on our fund drive in fall 2020. We really appreciate
the support that was shown for our work in that drive, and we hope this one
will be successful as well.

The WAC Clearinghouse is home to Foundations and Innovations in TPC book
series. We have several books out, three in production, and several more
under contract, under review, and in development.

You can see  the full list of book series and journals at
https://wac.colostate.edu. To date, we’ve made more than 165 books
available in open-access formats, and we currently support several academic
journals and provide access to a dozen others in archival form, as well as
hosting CompPile and other resources.

In the past year, we’ve received more than 3.2 million visits to our
website and 2.7 million downloads of our journal articles and books.

The Clearinghouse relies primarily on the volunteer labor of more than 180
people for nearly all of our work (keeping our production costs to less
than 10 percent of those borne by the average scholarly press). But we
still incur costs, including those related to copyediting and designing our
books, charges for ISBN numbers and DOI registration, and software and
equipment expenses, to name a few.

We’re hoping you might be able to help us cover those costs. We know that
many of our readers, like us, are dealing with unusual challenges at this
time, which is why we are thankful that the Colorado State University
Foundation, which manages our charitable giving, can accept donations of as
small as $10. The Foundation also supports sustaining contributions, which
are given on a monthly basis. As few as 15 sustaining contributions of $10
per month will cover the cost of producing one of our books, and just 75
one-time contributions of $20 will cover the cost of copy editing one
journal issue.

To find out how to contribute if you are able, see
https://wac.colostate.edu/support/.

Thank you for your consideration,

Lisa

--
Lisa Melonçon, PhD
Book Series Editor, Foundations and Innovations in TPC (
Email: meloncon.research at gmail.com
http://tek-ritr.com
Pronouns: she/her/hers