[ATTW-L] guided self-placement

William De Herder williamdeherder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:31:46 UTC 2022

Hi friends, our program would like to hire a placement consultant/expert
this fall for help designing a guided self-placement system at our
university. Since we did away with standardized test scores last year,
we're offering in-house writing tests that the FYW committee is using to
determine placement between our non-credit bearing, developmental writing
course and Comp I. We think guided self-placement is a good direction for
us, but we'd like some support from someone who knows more about placement
in general and GSP in particular. Does anyone here have such experience, OR
does anyone here know someone they'd recommend?  Generally, we'd like to
talk to anyone who uses guided self placement, we'd LOVE to talk to anyone
who helped implement something at their own school, and we'd be interested
in hiring someone who publishes about this.

Thanks so much!

--
Bill De Herder, PhD (he/him/his)
Director, Saginaw Valley State University Writing Center