[ATTW-L] A course for the professionalization of working writers

Stephen Bernhardt sab at udel.edu
Fri May 19 18:57:56 UTC 2023

The book that Ted Smith and I wrote based on years of training at IBM is
still in print, remarkably cheap, and on target for your audience.

Writing at Work: Professional Writing Skills for People on the Job.

I also have a more specialized book based on training in biopharm with my
partner Greg Cuppan, also at a good price and available as a Kindle
version.

Writing for the Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Reader.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0844259837/qid%3D965233753/sr%3D1-2/002-7040399-0834419#customerReviews

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 10:27 AM Caleb James <caleb.james at maine.edu> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I'm writing to see if you would share some models of courses that aim to
> professionalize writers at work and perhaps offer support while they are in
> those roles.
>
> One strong example of what I'm looking for is UW's ENG 490 A: Looking
> Forward: Professionalization and Public Life
> <https://english.washington.edu/courses/2021/winter/engl/490/a>.
>
> My hope is to be able to offer a valuable and practical course for writers
> with a variety of goals.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Caleb
>

> --