[ATTW-L] Please participate in IRB-Approved Survey: Graduate Students & the Transnational Job Market

Josie Rose Portz josieroseportz at arizona.edu
Wed May 8 15:24:14 UTC 2024

Dear ATTW-L:

When you have a moment, I invite you to participate in this
IRB-approved survey study: Graduate Students & the Transnational Job
Market. My research partner, Joe Wilson, and I are interested in
understanding resources provided to graduate students in rhetoric and
composition in preparation for the academic job market, both in the
contexts of their graduate education and abroad.

*Who Should Participate in the Study:*

 • If you are a graduate student in rhetoric, composition student, or a
related field who is preparing to go on the academic job market;

 • If you were a graduate student who went on the academic job market in
the past 3 years;

 • If you are a graduate faculty member in your department, or if your job
description involves supervising graduate students’ thesis or dissertations.

*Information About Participants' Involvement in the Study: *

We ask that you please complete this survey, which should take
approximately *10 minutes* to finish. You will be asked preliminary
demographic experiences, about your educational background, about your
experiences on the academic job market, about your program’s professional
development opportunities, and about international scholarly engagement.
You can skip any questions if you feel uncomfortable answering those
questions. All findings are anonymous and will be stored in a
password-protected Google drive available only to the researchers. No
identifying information will be requested of the survey, and any responses
to open-ended questions will be reported using a pseudonym.

This and further information is available in the informed consent page at
the start of the survey (see the link below).

*To participate in the study, please access the survey via this link: *
https://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6rHCdNt9bpMxxvU

Take care,

Josie Portz

--

*Josie Portz (she/her)*
PhD Candidate in Rhetoric, Composition, and the Teaching of English

The University of Arizona is a Hispanic and American Indian/Alaska Native
Serving Institution which sits on the original homelands of indigenous
peoples who have stewarded this land since time immemorial. Aligning with
the university’s core value of a diverse and inclusive community, it is an
institutional responsibility to recognize and acknowledge the people,
culture and history that make up the Wildcat community. At the
institutional level, it is important to be proactive in broadening
awareness throughout campus to ensure our students feel represented and
valued.