[ATTW-L] Call for Social Media Strategist for ATTW 2024

Jones, Natasha jonesn30 at msu.edu
Thu May 9 14:13:29 UTC 2024

Call for Social Media Strategist for the ATTW 2024 Virtual Conference

The ATTW 2024 Conference team seeks a social media strategist for the virtual conference. ATTW 2024 will take  place June 10 through 12, 2024. The conference social media strategist will be responsible for:

  *
Developing a content and social media plan to be implemented before, during, and after the conference
  *
Posting and publicizing before and during the virtual conference
  *
Engaging ATTW’s social media community  before and during the virtual conference

The social media strategist will be compensated $500.

To apply for the social media strategist position, please send an email to both Laura (gonzalesl at ufl.edu) and Natasha (jonesn30 at msu.edu) with the following information:

  *
A CV
  *
A brief statement (no more than 200 words) articulating your interest in and qualifications for the position

Applications are due by May May 20, 2024 by 11:59pm ET.

_______________________________

Natasha N. Jones, PhD

Associate Professor, African American & African Studies

Michigan State University

President, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)

Pronouns: she/her/hers (more information about why pronouns matter<https://lgbt.ucsf.edu/pronounsmatter>)

Mailing Address:

Dept of African American & African Studies

Michigan State University

N. Kedzie Hall N214

454 Farm Lane

East Lansing, MI 48824

Availability Note
As an academic, I recognize that sometimes it's hard to prevent work from encroaching into other areas of our lives. However, in an effort to protect my personal space, physical wellness, and intellectual energy, I am not always immediately able or available to respond to emails. As a rule, I am typically away from my email after 6pm Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please note that emails sent outside of these times may not immediately be addressed.

Land and Labor Acknowledgements
Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg-Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The university resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.

I recognize the foundations of this country as shaped by the enslavement, genocide, and displacement of stolen Black folks, families, and entire communities and our contemporary experiences are inextricable from the violent impact of colonialism and the TransAtlantic Slave Trade.