[ATTW-L] Survey: Please participate in survey for the Reference Guides to Rhetoric and Composition Book Series (IRB-approved, author mentorship opportunities available!)

Leah Heilig leah_heilig at uri.edu
Wed May 15 16:20:34 UTC 2024

Hello!

On behalf of the editorial team, I am writing to invite you to participate
in an anonymous survey for the *Reference Guides to Rhetoric and
Composition* book series, published through the WAC Clearinghouse (htps://
wac.colostate.edu/books/referenceguides/).

Our survey is part of our effort to learn what readers find useful in the
series; to generate topic ideas; to gain ideas for how to more equitably
narrate key topics in the field without reproducing historical biases and
exclusions; and in doing so, to generate interest in the series and recruit
new authors who are interested in narrating alternative syntheses of the
field. We actively invite contributions from prospective authors (both new
and returning). The goal of this survey is to reimagine the current book
series and center equity-driven publishing and reviewing practices, opening
space for wider participation and contribution from a variety of authors.

Mentoring Opportunity for Prospective Authors

We value your time and input in the completion of this study. For any
interested participant, the editing team of the *Reference Guides to
Rhetoric and Composition *series is offering feedback and mentorship
opportunities for developing book proposals. An option to leave your
contact information, questions for the editors, and project idea(s) is
available through a channel separate from your responses at the end of the
survey.

Survey Link and IRB information

The survey will approximately take 12-15 minutes to complete.

The survey may be found here
<https://uri.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ahs9vmiF5luDo0K>(opens in new
window) or at the following URL:

https://uri.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ahs9vmiF5luDo0K

This research has been approved by the University of Rhode Island
Institutional Review Board. Please refer to the attached Agreement to
Participate for more information.

Accessibility

Our survey aims to be accessible to all respondents, and has been designed
with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.2) best practices in
mind. Please contact Leah Heilig (leah_heilig at uri.edu) in the event there
is a barrier to full participation in this survey.

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Leah Heilig, on behalf of the editorial team of the Reference Guides to
Rhetoric and Composition book series

--
Dr. Leah Heilig (she/her)
Assistant Professor