[ATTW-L] Teaching the resume

Sharese Willis sharese.willis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:53:11 UTC 2018

Hello, Mark,

When I teach the resume, I do so to introduce students to some of the
concepts that we will use in the rest of the course. We talk about
rhetorical analysis, audience, purpose, genre, white space. The resume
assignment calls upon all of these. Because it is short, the assignment is
a good exercise that launches the students so that they can apply the
concepts to longer documents.

Sharese T. Willis, Ph.D.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shareseterrellwillis/en

Doc's Editing Shop <http://www.docseditingshop.com>

- *Get to final faster with the expert eyes of Doc's Editing Shop, **when
your reputation and career depend on how well you write.*