[ATTW-L] FW: CFP extended for the 7th International Writing Analytics Conference

Lang, Susan M. lang.543 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 31 15:59:55 UTC 2018

Hi, all,

Good news! The deadline for proposals for the The 7th International Conference on Writing Analytics: "Broadening the Community" has been extended to November 16th. Please see the essential conference information with links to both the conference website and full CFP.

Also, I've attached information about a new feature of the conference, the pre-conference workshop, that will be held the morning of January 25th. Regardless of your experience level with writing analytics, we encourage you to sign up!

Please don't hesitate to send any questions about the conference to me. I hope to see many of you in Florida in January!

Susan

[The Ohio State University]
Susan M. Lang, Ph.D.
Director, Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing
Associate Professor
4132C Smith Lab
174 W. 18th Ave.
Columbus Ohio 43210
614.688.4464

Essential Conference Information

Where: University of South Florida, St. Petersburg

When: January 25 and January 26, 2019

Conference Hotel: Hampton Inn and Suites, 80 Beach Drive NE, Downtown St. Petersburg

Registration: $150.00 ($200.00 after November 16, 2018); Graduate Students: $50.00

Proposal Deadlines:  Presentation Proposals due November 16, 2018 (see the call for proposals<https://writinganalytics.colostate.edu/proposals/>).

Notification of Acceptance: November 30, 2018

Website: writinganalytics.colostate.edu<https://writinganalytics.colostate.edu>

The conference will explore innovation in writing analytics, with special attention to broadening our annual conference community. We invite presentations on present research findings and new directions for research. This year, the conference especially invites presentations on the following themes:

  *   How may the stakeholder community of writing analytics be better understood? This theme will be devoted to the kinds of disciplinary knowledge and multidisciplinary collaborations that are needed to expand the body of knowledge associated with our community.
  *   Who are the stakeholders of writing analytics? Traditionally, we think of key educational stakeholders as the following: advisory boards, administration, faculty, parents, professional organizations, students, and the public. These groups, however, may need to be expanded when we think of information use and research impact.
  *   How might writing analytics be more widely communicated to stakeholders? Conference presentations, peer-reviewed articles, and book chapters are common ways to distribute research findings. Yet these vehicles are limited to academic stakeholders. Needed is a new communication taxonomy for writing analytics.
  *   How may we better understand the consequences of our research for student learning? Many web-based platforms are now using archival and real-time analytics for feedback. Little is known however, regarding the impact of these platforms and the information they contain diverse student groups.

Accepted conference presentations will be invited to work with the editors of Journal of Writing Analytics to propose and develop manuscripts for publication in Volume 3.