[ATTW-L] Document Design textbooks

Hinson, Dr. Katrina KHINSON at tarleton.edu
Tue Oct 9 11:25:14 UTC 2018

I teach a graphics and document design class. I have a mix of Comms majors along with Digital Media Studies majors and the occasional English/Technical Writing major.  I supplement with my own notes over time, material I find through our database at school,  a good internet search, and information previous students share with me.  I’ve never found just one book that does what I want it to do so  I use

Robin Williams, The Non-Designer’s Design Book
Kostelnick and Roberts, Designing Visual Language
Kimball and Hawkins, Document Design
Felice Frankel & Angela De Pace, Visual Strategies: A Practical  Guide to Graphics for Scientists and Engineers

With regard,

Dr. Katrina L. Hinson

Dr. Katrina Hinson,
Ph.D. Rhetoric, Writing and Professional Communication
Assistant Professor of English
Tarleton State University