[ATTW-L] FW: ABC's 84th Annual Conference Deadline Extended to May 3

Eble, Michelle EBLEM at ecu.edu
Mon Apr 29 11:40:02 UTC 2019

From: "Dubinsky, Jim" <dubinsky at vt.edu>
Date: Monday, April 29, 2019 at 4:57 AM
Subject: FW: ABC's 84th Annual Conference Deadline Extended to May 3

TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet, Forbes, Smithsonian Magazine and others have helped make Detroit the new “go to” spot. ABC members are drawn to Detroit for our 84th Annual International Conference October 23-26, 2019.  With some of you asking for an extended deadline and more sessions, here is news:

  1.  The conference submission deadline is extended to May 3.  Submit to: https://www.businesscommunication.org/e/sx/eid=24<https://www.businesscommunication.org/e/sx/eid=24&source=5>
  2.  We’ve also added another session of the ever-popular My Favorite Assignment* with D. Joel Whalen.  Space fills quickly.
  3.  How Do You Teach Diversity?* with Jacqui Lowman has openings.  Space can fill quickly.

*Find conference submission guidelines, links to submit to My Favorite Assignment, and/or How Do You Teach Diversity?, along with information about the Westin Book Cadillac (conference venue), registration, pre-conference workshops, and a recommended reading list compiled by a Detroit-area resident, and more on the ABC Detroit Conference<https://www.businesscommunication.org/page/2019-annual?source=5> page.

As Detroit’s visionary and innovator Henry Ford said, "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.”

Questions?  Contact ABCDetroit19 at gmail.com<mailto:ABCDetroit19 at gmail.com>.

Clive Muir, Stephen F. Austin State University
Dirk Remley, Kent State University
ABC Detroit Conference Co-Chairs

“Innovations with Business Communication: Companies, Communities, and Classrooms”

James M. Dubinsky, PhD
Associate Professor, Rhetoric & Writing, D/English (0112),
Chair, VT Veterans Caucus, Virginia Tech
Executive Director, Association for Business Communication (ABC)
(540) 231-1939